Police serve search warrant at Maya Millete’s Chula Vista home 4 months after she went missing

Police serve another search warrant at California mom Maya Millete’s home 4 months after she went missing – as cadaver dogs search the property

  • The Chula Vista Police Department served the warrant at Maya and Larry Millete’s home around 4:30pm on Friday afternoon
  • Maya’s family attorney, Billy Little, claimed that a large group of officers went into the home, as well as several cadaver dogs
  • Police remained at the home until at least 6:45pm, according to a neighbor 
  • It’s not clear why a new search warrant was executed on Friday, though police were dressed in tactical gear
  • Maya was last seen at her home on January 7, where she made an appointment with a divorce lawyer – she was reported missing three days later

A new search warrant was served at the California home of Maya Millete, 39, on Friday, four months after she went missing.

The Chula Vista Police Department served the warrant at Maya and Larry Millete in the afternoon around 4:30pm.

Maya’s family attorney, Billy Little, claimed that a large group of officers went into the home, as well as several cadaver dogs.

A neighbor told Fox News that around 12 police cars and a van arrived at the residence at 5pm local time and were still there as of 6:45pm.

Maya Millete (pictured with her husband Larry) went missing on January 7

CBS News 8 also reports that it appeared a vehicle on the property was being searched.

‘We’re trying to maintain the integrity of the investigation,’ said Lt. Frank Giaime, who didn’t want to say much about the search.

It’s not clear why a new search warrant was executed on Friday, though police were dressed in tactical gear. 

A new search warrant was executed at Maya Millete's home on Friday afternoon

A new search warrant was executed at Maya Millete’s home on Friday afternoon

Maya was last seen at her home on January 7, where she made an appointment with a divorce lawyer. She was reported missing three days later, on January 10.

A search of the home and vehicles was conducted that day, as well as the next. On January 12, Larry admitted that the two had been arguing prior to Maya’s disappearance. 

She hasn’t been seen in the four months since then, though. Larry stopped cooperating three weeks after she went missing and hired a lawyer.

A search warrant was served at the home for the first time on January 23, the first of 23 warrants the police have executed.

Maya Millete was reported missing on January 10 after seeking a divorce lawyer

Maya Millete was reported missing on January 10 after seeking a divorce lawyer

According to ABC 10News, the Chula Vista police served a warrant at Larry’s relative’s home on April 1.

Meanwhile, volunteers continue to scour the region, looking for clues in Maya’s disappearance.

Police have conducted 56 interviews so far and reviewed at least 55 tips in relation to her disappearance.

Advertisement

Police respond to active hostage situation at Wells Fargo bank in Minnesota

BREAKING: Police respond to active hostage situation at Wells Fargo bank in Minnesota after ‘attempted robbery’

  • Police responded to reports of a robbery at a Wells Fargo bank in St. Cloud shortly before 2pm Thursday
  • Unconfirmed number of employees and customers are still being held inside the branch
  • Local police and FBI are currently on the scene allegedly attempting to negotiate 

Police on Minnesota are responding to an active hostage situation inside a Wells Fargo bank.  

An unconfirmed number of bank employees and hostages are currently being held  inside the bank, located in the city of St. Cloud.

Officers responded to a call from the branch shortly before 2pm local time, and the incident is still being listed as ‘active’.  

Scores of local police and the FBI are on the scene reportedly attempting a hostage negotiation.  

‘We can confirm a hostage situation at Wells Fargo’s St. Cloud South branch, located at 200 33rd Avenue South,’ Wells Fargo spokesperson Staci Schiller stated in a release.

‘We are cooperating with local law enforcement and will do whatever we can to assist the authorities in their investigation. We recognize this is a traumatic moment for the community and our colleagues. The safety and security of our customers and employees is our most important priority.’  

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.  

Advertisement

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals he’s had a personal apology from Manchester United owners the Glazers

BREAKING NEWS: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals he’s had a personal apology from Manchester United owners the Glazers and says they ARE listening to fans, even as they stay silent over furious protests

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted that he has received a personal apology from the Glazer owners following the botched European Super League plans.

Fans were left furious after United initially became founding members of the Super League, and protests have followed, with Sunday’s clash against Liverpool at Old Trafford being postponed after supporters forced their way into the stadium.

Despite the furore surrounding United’s plans, the club’s co-chairman Avram Glazer refused to apologise to supporters for attempting to join the highly-controversial Super League. 

Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted he has received an apology from the Glazers (left – Avram, and right – Joel)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are gearing up for their second leg against Roma on Thursday

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are gearing up for their second leg against Roma on Thursday

But Solskjaer has since admitted that the Glazer owners have indeed reached out to him and are listening to the fans.

Speaking ahead of United’s Europa League semi-final second leg clash at Roma, Solskjaer revealed: ‘I have been communicating with the owners, they have apologised to me personally.  

‘I know they have started communication with other individuals other than me.

‘It is a difficult position for me to be in this, I have to focus on the football. I have always had a good relationship and they do listen to me. They do listen to the fans and I am sure there will be better communication coming.’  

Avram Glazer has been hiding out in his Palm Beach mansion following the Super League scandal, but having been tracked down by Sky News, he was given the opportunity to ‘apologise’ for his part in the breakaway league and ‘address the United fans’.

However, he refused to comment when asked if United fans were ‘just customers’ to him. 

Then before getting in his car and driving away the Sky News reporter pressed: ‘This an opportunity for you – an apology perhaps?’. However he again refused to speak out.

More to follow… 

Edinson Cavani and Bruno Fernandes scored twice each to beat Roma at Old Trafford

Edinson Cavani and Bruno Fernandes scored twice each to beat Roma at Old Trafford

Advertisement


DOJ executes a search warrant Rudy Giuliani’s Manhattan apartment

Rudy raided! DOJ searches Giuliani’s Manhattan apartment and ‘seizes electronic devices’ over his dealings with Ukraine while he was Trump’s lawyer

  • Federal investigators executed a search warrant Wednesday on Rudy Giuliani’s New York City apartment 
  • Giuliani’s phone seized during the raid
  • Feds are looking into Giuliani’s work lobbying for Ukraine while he was Donald Trump’s personal attorney
  • Giuliani also was working with Ukrainian officials to get political dirt on Bidens 

Federal investigators executed a search warrant Wednesday on Rudy Giuliani’s New York City apartment, stepping up their investigation of his dealings in the Ukraine.

Giuliani’s electronic devices were seized in the raid, The New York Times reported, citing information from the investigators. 

The investigation centers on whether Giuliani, who was Donald Trump’s personal attorney, lobbied the Trump administration in 2019 on behalf of Ukrainian officials and oligarchs – the same group of people who were helping Giuliani search for dirt on Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who sat on the board of Ukrainian gas company, during the 2020 election.

The move indicates the investigation of the former New York City mayor has entered an aggressive new phase.   

To obtain the search warrant, investigators would need to convince a judge they had sufficient reason to believe that a crime was committed and the search would turn up evidence of that.

It does not mean an indication of guilt.  

Federal investigators executed a search warrant Wednesday on Rudy Giuliani’s New York City apartment

Rudy Giuliani's apartment building on the Upper East Side of Manhattan

Rudy Giuliani’s apartment building on the Upper East Side of Manhattan

The United States Attorney’s office in Manhattan and the FBI had wanted to execute the warrant on Giuliani’s Upper East Side pad for months but had been stymied by the political leadership put in place at the Justice Department by President Trump. 

But after Merrick Garland was confirmed as President Biden’s attorney general, the Justice Department lifted its objection to the search. 

Biden vowed to have an independent Justice Department and said he would not interfere in its work. 

‘Here we go folks,’ tweeted Michael Cohen, Trump’s former attorney who was also subject of a federal raid.

The Giuliani investigation grew out of a federal investigation of his associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who worked on gathering information about the Bidens during the election.

The two Soviet-born men were charged with federal campaign finance violations.

The two, who have pleaded not guilty, were arrested at an airport outside Washington carrying one-way tickets to Europe. 

Pictured: Lev Parnas

Pictured: Igor Fruman

The Giuliani investigation grew out of a federal investigation of his associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who worked on gathering information about the Bidens during the election and were charged with violating the ban on political donations by foreign nationals in October 2019

Investigators are also looking into Giuliani's role in the ousting of US Ambassador to the Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who was a prominent witness in Trump's first impeachment trial

Investigators are also looking into Giuliani’s role in the ousting of US Ambassador to the Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who was a prominent witness in Trump’s first impeachment trial 

Investigators are also looking into Giuliani’s role in the ousting of US Ambassador to the Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who was a prominent witness in Trump’s first impeachment trial.

As Giuliani was pushing Ukrainian officials to announce an investigation of the Bidens, he was pushed to have Yovanovitch removed, seeing her as an obstacle to his efforts.

At Giuliani’s urging, Trump had her recalled.  

Prosecutors are examining whether Giuliani was working not only for Trump, but also for Ukrainian officials or businesses who wanted Yovanovitch dismissed for their own reasons, The Times reported. 

Under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, or FARA, it is a federal crime to try to influence or lobby the US government at the request or direction of a foreign official without disclosing it to the Justice Department. 

Advertisement

Wimbledon’s traditional day of rest on Middle Sunday is set to be scrapped from 2022

BREAKING NEWS: Wimbledon’s traditional day of rest on Middle Sunday is set to be scrapped from 2022, bringing it in line with the other three Grand Slams as a 14-day tournament

  • Wimbledon will end its tradition by having no rest day in middle of tournament
  • It’ll become 14-day Grand Slam from 2022, moving it in line with other majors 
  • The SW19 grass-court tournament traditionally had a spare day in case of rain 

Wimbledon’s traditional day of rest on the middle Sunday of the tournament will be scrapped from 2022, the All England Club has announced.

Wimbledon is currently the only Grand Slam that has a day off during the fortnight but this provides scheduling challenges, particularly when there is bad weather in the first week.

At the tournament’s spring press briefing, chairman Ian Hewitt said developments in the care of grass courts meant 14 days of play was now deemed possible. 

Wimbledon’s traditional rest day on middle Sunday of Grand Slam will be scrapped from 2022

Wimbledon is currently the only Grand Slam that has a day off during the fortnight

Wimbledon is currently the only Grand Slam that has a day off during the fortnight

SW19 traditionally had a spare day in the middle of the tournament in case of rain, causing a pile-up of matches. 

If this was the case matches would be switched to the middle Sunday so that the tournament could catch up but this rest day was only used if only absolutely necessary.

In its 144-year history the middle Sunday has only been used four times – in 1991, 1997, 2004 and 2016 – to play unfinished matches. 

The tournament will return this year after it was not held in 2020 because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Hewitt said: ‘We plan to deliver the best Championships possible in accordance with public safety. It will necessarily be different from Wimbledon as we know it.’

Wimbledon fans will be able to get tickets for an extra day's play from 2022 with no rest day

Wimbledon fans will be able to get tickets for an extra day’s play from 2022 with no rest day

Wimbledon are working closely with the Government on the arrangements for this year’s tournament, beginning on June 28.

A minimum capacity of 25 per cent is currently being planned for with the hope that this can increase, with tickets expected to go on sale in June.

Hewitt revealed that Wimbledon’s foresight in taking out pandemic insurance paid off to the tune of £180million, covering the club’s losses from the cancelled 2020 event.

That enabled the AELTC to give the Lawn Tennis Association, which receives the annual surplus from the Championships, a pay-out of around £36million.

Advertisement

Julian Nagelsmann closes in on Bayern Munich job as Bundesliga champions ‘agree deal with Leipzig’

BREAKING NEWS: Bayern Munich announce Julian Nagelsmann as their new manager after sealing world-record £21.7m compensation deal with RB Leipzig… and after Champions League winner Hansi Flick agreed to terminate contract to quit for Germany

Julian Nagelsmann has been announced as Bayern Munich’s new manager after the Bundesliga giants agreed a world-record £21.7million compensation package with RB Leipzig.

Nagelsmann agreed personal terms with the German champions on Monday, before a huge pay-off was sealed and the deal was announced on Tuesday morning.

The news will come as a huge blow to Tottenham in their search for a new manager, with the German high on their list of potential candidates.

Julian Nagelsmann will take over as Bayern Munich’s head coach on July 1 after leaving Leipzig

Nagelsmann will replace Hansi Flick as boss of the Bundesliga giants ahead of next season

Nagelsmann will replace Hansi Flick as boss of the Bundesliga giants ahead of next season 

RB Leipzig announced the deal on Tuesday morning after securing a huge £21.7m pay-off

RB Leipzig announced the deal on Tuesday morning after securing a huge £21.7m pay-off

Nagelsmann has impressed at the helm of RB Leipzig, guiding them to a third-placed finish last season, while this time around they sit second with five games to play.

The 33-year-old’s stock is very high and he is seen as one of the most promising young managers in world football. 

Nagelsmann has a 58 per cent win percentage with Leipzig during his two years at the club, having won 53 out of his 90 matches in charge, while he also impressed at Hoffenheim in his debut managerial job before that.

Current Bayern boss Flick announced earlier this month that he wants his contract terminated at the end of the season, with last season’s Treble-winning manager strongly linked to the Germany national team role.

Flick told reporters on April 17: ‘I told the team today that I informed the club during the week, after the game in Paris, I would like to terminate my contract at the end of the season.’

Advertisement