Professional cleaner urges clients to clean the toilet brush at least once a WEEK – before sparking a heated debate over her method
- An Australian cleaner has posted a reminder to clean the toilet brush and holder
- Kacie, from Melbourne, said the bathroom item should be cleaned regularly
- In a TikTok video she cleaned the item in the sink with gloves and detergent
- But many disapproved of cleaning the grubby bathroom item in the sink
An Australian professional cleaner has reminded others on social media to clean the toilet brush and holder at least once a week.
In a TikTok video, Kacie from The Big Clean Co in Melbourne said the bathroom item should be cleaned regularly.
‘How often are you cleaning your toilet brush and toilet brush holder?’ she said in the video.
‘I’ve seen some pretty bad ones in my time, they should be cleaned as often as you clean the toilet – and hopefully you clean the toilet fairly often.
‘But I know, people let it go and it gets gross.’
Scroll down video
In a TikTok video, Kacie from The Big Clean Co in Melbourne said the bathroom item should be cleaned regularly
In the video, which has been viewed more than 90,000 times, she cleaned the brush and holder thoroughly with detergent while wearing gloves
In the video, which has been viewed more than 90,000 times, she cleaned the brush and holder thoroughly with detergent while wearing gloves.
While the tip is a handy reminder to wash the grubby item, other TikTok users disapproved of washing the brush and holder in the bathroom sink.
‘Eww the sink and around the tap needs a good scrubbing,’ one person wrote.
‘Just buy a new one. No way would I wash it in my sink. At least do it outside!’ another said.
‘How about cleaning it in the laundry trough,’ a third added.
Commenting on the backlash, Kacie said throwing out dirty toilet brushes and holders isn’t an environmentally friendly option.
‘Why is the sink always such a problem for people?’ she joked.
Others suggested cleaning the item in the garden with the hose rather than in the bathroom or laundry sink.
What are some of Kacie’s top cleaning secrets?
* Use a non-scratch sponge with Gumption or Bar Keepers Friend to clean soap scum from a shower screen with ease
* Always use a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfibre cloth for sparkling results
* For sparkling windows use the $37 Sabco window cleaning kit from Bunnings that comes with a 12.5 litre bucket with a lid and handle. Pair it with a microfibre window washer, stainless steel squeegee and a microfibre cloth for the perfect finish
* Dishwashing liquid and water works very well to clean windows
* The #1 Kmart product for cleaning is the 2 piece pack of microfibre glass cleaning cloths – they are hidden in the car section