Australians can get 50,000 FREE vouchers worth $100 each

Australians can get 50,000 FREE vouchers worth $100 each – here is how you can get yours hands on one

  • South Australia is set to launch a fourth round of travel vouchers from late May
  • About 50,000 vouchers will be up for grabs offering cheaper accommodation  
  • Some offer $100 off CBD hotels and others $50 off regional and suburban hotels
  • The government is yet to decide how they will be distributed to participants  

Australians are being urged to holiday in South Australia over winter as the state launches a fourth round of its widely popular tourism vouchers, giving vacationers access to cheaper accommodation.

Premier Steven Marshall announced on Monday the Great State Experience scheme will kick start a new round from late May after the ‘magnificent’ success of the program’s earlier stages. 

About 50,000 vouchers will be up for grabs, offering either $100 off eligible CBD hotels or $50 off participating accommodation providers in regional and suburban areas for use over winter.   

‘We think it’s really important – for June, July, August; months which are traditionally slower – to do everything we can to maintain and grow the number of people employed in this sector,’ Mr Marshall told reporters on Monday.

The South Australian government has announced a fourth round of tourism vouchers will be up for grabs from late May. Pictured: A  woman walking down iconic Port Noarlunga boardwalk in South Australia

‘It’s all a part of making these small changes, these interventions, to keep the accommodation volumes up across the state and take advantage of this situation where more people are getting out, exploring their own backyards and seeing what they love in SA.

‘We think there’s going to be a permanent pivot where people holiday at home more post-coronavirus, so we want as many people to visit our great state.’ 

The majority of vouchers will be offered to South Australians, but a limited number will be put forward to tourists.   

Mr Marshall said it has not yet been decided whether participants will be assigned vouchers via the ballot system used in round three, or whether they will need to flock online as soon as they become available. 

A decision will be announced on a later date. 

SA Tourism Commission chief executive Rodney Harrex said he is working with accommodation providers. 

Around 50,000 registrants were gifted experience vouchers last week as part of the scheme's third round. Pictured: People walking through Moseley Square, Adelaide

Around 50,000 registrants were gifted experience vouchers last week as part of the scheme’s third round. Pictured: People walking through Moseley Square, Adelaide

‘What we’ve seen with the accommodation programs is it stimulates expenditure well beyond the hotels and filters right through the economy,’ he said.

‘We’re looking at midweek proposition – [and] how do we get people to stay longer mid week – so we’re working with hoteliers on that.’

Like previous rounds, Saturday nights will be excluded from use in the vouchers. 

The first two rounds of the program provided a $32million boost to the local economy, while the third – which is currently underway, saw more than 100,000 people sign up for the random electronic ballet.

Last week, about 50,000 registrants were contacted and gifted $50, $100 or $200 voucher to use on tours and experiences. 

Recipients will be able to start booking experiences from Tuesday. 

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *